Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Choices...



Lately I have had to make many decisions and choices that will affect my future and my relationships with God and others. As I think about the Christian life, I see how decision making is an important aspect and that it is crucial that we go to the Lord in all decisions in life.
When making choices here are some things that we should consider...
...will it help my witness for Christ?
...am I motivated by a desire to help others know Christ?
...will it help me do my best?
...is it against a specific command in scripture and will cause me to sin?
...will it be best and is it helpful?
...will I be thinking only of myself or do I truly care about the other person?
...will I be acting lovingly or selfishly?
...will it glorify God?
...will it encourage someone else to sin?

When you are walking in God's will, He will lay it on your heart the right thing to do. Something I find myself struggling with is whether I am hearing God or just my own thoughts? But what I have come to realize is that when we are pursuing the Lord wholeheartedly, reading his word, and communicating with Him, his thoughts become our own. The closer you become to God, the more his desires become your own.
Another thing I have noticed is that the Lord will give you peace when you are making the right decision. When you do not feel that peace then that is Him signaling to you that you need to stop right there, and listen. So many times people say that no matter how hard they try, they cannot seem to hear from God. But the question is, are you listening? Are you truly trying to hear from Him?






No comments:

Post a Comment