Friday, December 3, 2010

Confessions


1 John 1:9-10
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word has no place in our lives.

So I will be the first to admit it. I am not perfect. I am human and I have faults. I am constantly having to battle my flesh and my sinful nature. God tells us to come to him with our sins and admit that we messed up and he will "purify" us. All we have to do is come humbly and bring it to the table. If we try to hide our sins and justify them, then we are not being true to ourselves or to the Lord.
I have made mistakes recently and I have had to go humbly to the Lord and ask for his forgiveness. I know that what I did was wrong and all I could do was to be real with myself by going and asking God for his grace and his forgiveness.
The good news is that God is so faithful and God forgives. Even though we constantly mess up and sin against him, he always takes us back. He never stops loving us and his grace is everlasting.
Thank you Jesus for your patience with me. Forgive me for the times I have messed up and not always did the right thing. Take my heart and make your desires, my desires. Help me to be more like you and to love like you do. I pray that my life would shine brightly for you and that others would see YOU when they look at me. May I live in a way that brings you all the Glory and Honor and Praise! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment