Tuesday, November 30, 2010

For greater things have yet to come...


“Can all your worries add a single moment to your life? And if worry can't accomplish a little thing like that, what's the use of worrying over bigger things?" Luke 12:25-26

Do you ever find yourself worrying about the future? Wondering where you will be in the next 2 years, the next 5 years, the next 10 years? Worrying about where you will work, where you will live, and who you will marry.
So many times I find myself in that place because I am the type of person who likes to know what is going on and I like to have a plan. Sometimes not knowing what is ahead can be a little scary!
"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.” Matthew 6:34

I consistently find myself coming back to these verses, especially at this time in my life. There have been so many changes in my life recently and I'm not going to lie, it has not been easy! Satan is constantly putting thoughts in my head, making me doubt my decisions and trying to cut me off from following the Lord's leading. Right now I can say that I have no idea where I will be in a few years from now, because I am not in control of my life.
I know it can be a daily struggle but we must remember that we are not put on this earth for our satisfaction. This has nothing to do with us but everything to do with God. The Lord tells us that worrying is just a waste of time, because whether we worry or not, he is going to come through for us. He is going to provide, more abundantly than we expect. God is sovereign.

"Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and he will give you everything you need." Luke 12:31

Lord, help me to trust you and the work that you are doing in my life right now. Take my heart and heal it. Keep it safe and pure. Father, I am struggling right now with the past but help me to let it go and press on. For greater things have yet to come....I believe that and I know that you have a better plan for me than I had for myself.
"But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation. I will sing the LORD’s praise, for he has been good to me. " Psalm 13:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment