Saturday, November 20, 2010

So Thankful


Hello Everyone!

I know I have not written on this in forever, it has been a busy semester! So just an update on my life: I'm still going to school at DBU, living in an apartment with 4 other girls, nannying two precious children during the week, as well as some personal training and I started up a Fitness Bootcamp on my campus for girls...we meet every Tues/Thurs morning at 6:30AM! It's great, i love it! But yeah, it has been a crazy busy semester and I can't believe it is already Thanksgiving next week!

So I just wanted to take some time and think about all the things that I have to be thankful for. There is so much! God is great and He has provided me with everything I need and more! I am so thankful for my wonderful family...We actually celebrated thanksgiving today because everyone is going to be gone next week. We did our traditional walk on the Trinity River this morning to Ol South Pancake House and ate breakfast there. So good! Whole Wheat pancakes and a spinach, chicken, and mushroom omlette! Then we all pitched in and put together a wonderful thanksgiving meal. Our friends Will and Jessica and their 4 beautiful children came over and we had a great time! I made my famous low fat red velvet cupcakes for dessert=so good! And of course we played our favorite game...SCATTERGORIES! I love my family and I do love when we get to have times like these to spend together, eat good food, be goofy, and LAUGH...we do a lot of that! :) I cannot wait till my siblings and I get married and have children and pass down our family traditions. It will be so much fun!

Another thing I am especially thankful this year is God's patience with me. I know I can be very hard headed sometimes and have to figure things out the hard way, but God has been so gracious and patient with me. I have figured a lot out in the past month and have had to accept and walk away from a lot of things. It definitely was not easy and something I never thought I could do. But I am so thankful that I have a God who is my strength when I am weak and that because of Him, I can do all things.

Jesus, I am thankful for who you are. I am thankful for your everlasting love and for your unfailing forgiveness. I know I struggle at times when it comes to trusting you and those around me, but lift me up in that area. Thank you for my wonderful family and amazing friends. Draw me closer to you and show me how to show my thanks to those around me this season. You're awesome!

Everyone have a great thanksgiving! Don't forget to let your loved one's know that you are thankful for them and don't forget to say, "i love you"!-you never know if you will get another chance! I LOVE YOU ALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment