Monday, November 22, 2010

You are Beautiful...


So I have to be honest...I struggle with insecurities...It is hard to live in this world and not get sucked into the idea that you have to be perfect to be loved. I struggle with believing that I am beautiful and sometimes become consumed with what the world labels as "pretty." It is not easy trying to maintain the perfect body image, the perfect grades, or have the nicest things. But the truth is...none of that matters to the Lord...For He is the one who created us and he thinks we are MARVELOUS!

So what does God say about this?
"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well" -Psalm 139:14
We are created in the image of God, and God doesn't make junk! Like a snowflake, every person is unique. No two are the same. God sees you as a masterpiece; and when you look in the mirror, He wants you to "know that full well." Try this beauty tip: Every morning when you look in the mirror, say Psalm 139:14 and smile. You might even tape the verse on your mirror as a reminder!

"Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised."-Proverbs 31:3
Beauty fades with age, so if you are more concerned with your outer appearance, you will be unhappy when the wrinkles come and the number on the scale goes up. In fact, did you know that your body may show the beginning signs of aging as early as age twenty? That is why God wants us to "fear" Him. That doesn't mean to be afraid of Him but rather to be in awe of Him and all that He has done. Let me put it to you this way. If you stand two girls next to each other and one is perfect and whose beauty is limited to physical beauty, and the other young lady is a more average-looking girl who loves the Lord more than anything, she is the more beautiful girl in the eyes of God.

Is that anymore relieving? I have to be reminded of this daily because Satan is constantly trying to bring me down by telling me I can't eat this or that or I'm going to get fat, or if I don't put some makeup on and do my hair then I'm going to look disgusting...It's hard to be a girl in a world that is so consumed with perfection.

But...remember, " 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." -2 Corinthians 12:9

LOVE YOU ALL!

1 comment:

  1. I needed to hear that this morning!!! You have so much insight and wisdom!! You are beautiful Anna, on the inside and the outside!! I am so blessed to have you as a sister!! I love you so much and am amazed daily as I see you grow in your relationship with Christ!! God is using you in ways you don't even know and touching the lives of those around you!!! I love you girl!! Love your big sister Rachel

    ReplyDelete