Friday, April 20, 2012

A Call to Greater Expectations


"Our God is the God of limitless resources---the only limit comes from us. Our requests, our thoughts, and our prayers are too small, and our expectations are too low. God is trying to raise our vision to a higher level, call us to have greater expectations, and thereby bring us to greater appropriation. Shall we continue living in a way that mocks His will and denies His word?"

Have you ever stopped to think that what you are praying and asking of the Lord is too small? That maybe God is thinking, "don't you have more faith than that? Do you know how BIG I am?" His word is FILLED with PROMISES and He can really do anything, we just have to INCREASE our FAITH and ASK him.
I'll be the first to admit it, whenever something huge happens in my life and I feel lost and don't know what to do, I often forget to PRAY. I forget that God is right there and I am not alone. It is rather silly that we can ask God for ANYTHING but we DON'T.
There is no limit to what we may ask and expect of our almighty God. And there is no way for us to measure His blessing, for He is "able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us." (Eph. 3:20)

So I don't know about you, but I want to let the Lord WORK. I want to live in a way that I EXPECT that He is going to do BIG THINGS, because He is a BIG God. I think it's time that we start asking Him for more than just the LITTLE things. Because really? He is so much greater, so much stronger, and so much more AWESOME. Let's give Him the chance to BLOW US AWAY.

Don't be afraid to ask, expect, and then watch Him work.

Go SHINE today.

<3 Anna Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment