Friday, July 2, 2010

Power Struggle

Watch the Sermon @ http://www.lifechurch.tv/watch/once-upon-a-marriage/2

So I have been spending time with the Lord tonight and I decided to watch another one of Craig Groeschel's sermons from his series "Once Upon a Marriage." I encourage you all to clink on the link above this post and watch it. It has really opened my eyes and taught me a lot about relationships. Craig talks about how so many times the woman can be the controlling one and the man is passive in their relationship. He becomes relaxed and lets his wife take control of everything and his God given role of leadership is diminished.
One thing that really stood out to me that Craig mentioned is that, "a godly woman can make a weak man stronger; a controlling woman can make a weak man weaker." As a woman belittling your man with your words can tear down and make him weaker. "No man has ever crawled out of the constant complaining of his wife a better man." Our role as women is to build him up and reward him for leading us. The husbands role is to be the provider and be financially stable for the both of them. He must also lead as her protector; protect her heart and her emotions. He is also the pastor which means that he sets the spiritual tone and direction for his family. When a man leads in a relationship (provider, protector, and spiritual leader) then the woman can follow and build him up.
I know I am not married or anything but I believe that this is something that everyone needs to learn now whether married or single. When I think back I know that I have been the controlling woman rather than the godly woman. I pray that the Lord would work on my heart and teach me how to practice the ways of a godly woman...that I may learn how to submit to a man's godly leadership someday and be the encourager and supporter.

No comments:

Post a Comment