Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Psalm 139:23-24


"Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. Point out anything in me that offends you, and lead me along the path of everlasting life."
Psalm 139:23-24

So tonight my best friend pointed out Psalms 139 to read, and I love it. Especially these last verses. I know that I mess up consistently on a day to day basis and I am no where near perfection...I am a sinner with a filthy record and I am in need of a Savior. A Savior who can redeem me with His grace and search my heart and my life and cleanse it with his Holy Spirit. God is willing and so able to wipe away our pain and our mistakes, we just need to be willing to let Him...we need to be willing to lay it all down and let Him cleanse us. Doesn't that sound so refreshing? God can cleanse us. Think about all the things you have done that you may regret. All the things you said or thought that you know were wrong. All the things that you would be embarrassed if other people found out. Well the God of everything wants to forgive us! All we have to do is confess...lay down our pride and let Him purify us!
Jesus, here is my heart. Please cleanse me of all unrighteousness and show me areas of my life that need some refreshing. Show me how to be more like you and teach me right from wrong. I know I mess up and I am constantly battling my flesh and my worldly desires but give me your Holy Spirit and the strength to win the battle. May my life shine brightly for you...I love you Jesus, Amen.


1 comment: